MS Word Confirmations
How to add or edit MS Word confirmations in CRM.
- Go to Back Office > Layout Confirmations /MS Word
- Select the template you want to edit, double click to open.
- Be sure to have the bookmark option available in the insert tab.
Otherwise, go to File > Options > Advanced and scroll down to Show bookmarks.
- The existing bookmarks are displayed in the word document.
- To display an overview of the selected bookmarks, go to bookmark in the insert tab.
All existing bookmarks are now displayed. Here you can choose to see them sorted by name or location.
Press 'Go To' to see where the selected bookmark is inserted in the document. Press 'Delete' if you want to delete a bookmark.
- If you want to add new bookmarks, you need to make sure that the 'CRM Confirmations' option available in the 'Add-Ins' tab.
If not, then go to File > Options > Add-in, choose 'Templates' in the *Manage' drop down.
Check the first checkbox for template.dot and then press OK. Now, you should have access to the 'CRM Confirmations' menu in the 'Add-ins' tab.
- To add a new bookmark to your confirmations template, move the cursor to the desired position of your new bookmark. Go to the 'Add-ins' tab and open the 'CRM Confirmations' menu and select 'Insert database fields'
8. Select the field you want add and click insert. To add another simply move the cursor to the desired position and repeat.
9. When you are satisfied with your new template press save and go back to CRM Finance to update your layout.
Click on the icon "Update layout" to save all your changes. When you are done updating your layout press save and exit.
How to add a new confirmation layout
- Start by simply press 'Create New Item' (F8).
- Define your deal input form:
Depending on your use case, you might what to narrow down the usage of your new template. Deal input form is the first (and mandatory) level of hierarchy.
Let's say you need a specific confirmation layout for Fixed/Floating rate loans involving a specific legal entity or counterpart, the columns next to Buy/Sell (B S) will help you to further narrow down your template.
It's important that layouts with similar configuration is separated by any of those columns. Or that the check-box in the STD (Standard) column is checked for only one of two similar layouts.
- Next step is to design your confirmation layout. The quickest way to get started is by copying an existing layout and then adjust for smaller changes.
To do this, open an existing layout an simply copy the content to the new blank layout.
Double-click on the layout you want to copy from.
Copy the content and paste it into your new layout.
For editing the layout with new bookmarks, see above.
See also: How-to: Send confirmations by email
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article